Monday, August 4, 2014

6: Home

I am very sorry for going so long without posting! The internship ended about two weeks ago and I've been so busy since!

The last few days of the internship were great but sad. I got to say goodbye to all of the refugee friends and families that I've gotten to work with this summer and let them know that I will see them again. I plan to visit Clarkston a few times throughout the year and drop by to see them! It was also easier letting go and leaving knowing that there are still full time GFM staff members living in Clarkston to follow up with these families after we are gone. All the interns spent the last few nights sleeping in the basement together just like the first few days of the summer. We spent a lot of time reflecting, cleaning, and preparing to share our experiences with everyone back home.
Rajesh and his family



One morning, we all sat down and shared about the different refugees we spent time with over the summer and wrote their names on a dry erase board. After a couple of hours and many amazing stories the 18 interns had listed over 100 names and there were still more left unsaid. Then we took turns underlining, circling, and putting symbols by the names to signify different things; already a follow of Jesus, became a follower, got to pray with them, got to share a Bible story, got to share the Gospel, ect. After this we all had to just stand back and spend some time praising and thanking God for the amazing works he had done through us this summer in Clarkston.
Names distorted to protect anonymity


The summer went so fast but was an amazing experience. Not only did I get to know many refugee families, but I also got to live in a God-centered, missional community. I was able to witness God doing amazing things in the lives of the interns, the refugees, and myself. We were blessed to be able to see some of the fruit of our work in Clarkston and some we will simply have to trust that the Lord will use it for His will in His time. There is still a lot of work to do in Clarkston and in all the nations but we serve a faithful and just God and find hope and joy in knowing that people from all nations will come to know Him one day.

Revelation 7:-9-10
After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

Please pray for the continued work in Clarkston and that more laborers will be sent to that field.


I have added some picture from the summer to an album on my Facebook page for anyone who would like to see. Just click here. If you would like to here more about my summer or Global Frontier Missions I would love to talk to you!

Thank you for reading this and for the continued prayers and encouragement throughout the summer!

God bless,
Jake 

No comments:

Post a Comment